Tesla Powerwall 2 Battery 14kWh Product Specifications
Tesla Energy Powerwall 2 is a 13.5 kWh battery that stores electricity generated from solar panels or the utility grid. Powerwall stores DC electricity (direct current) that must be converted to AC (alternating current) for use in the home.
According to Tesla, the Powerwall 2 battery can power a two-bedroom home for a full day. With a built-in inverter, installation can be either indoor or outdoor. Several additional products are required to operate Powerwall 2, however Tesla has not provided any specification details about these parts or the inverter. Since Tesla has no track record of producing an inverter, a healthy dose of skepticism is in order. Previously, an inverter was required for each Powerwall; Two Powerwalls requires two inverters. The Powerwall must be installed by a Tesla Energy Certified Installer.
LEARN WHAT IS THE PRICE FOR 14kWh TESLA POWERWALL 2.0?
14 kWh Tesla Powerwall 2.0 Product Specifications
- ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Usable Capacity: 13.5 kWh
- Depth of Discharge: 100%
- Discharge Continuous: 5,000 watts (5 kW)
- Discharge Peak: 7,000 watts (7 kW)
- Charge Continuous: TBD kW
- DC Voltage: TBD Volts DC
- Maximum DC Current: TBD Amps
- Continuous DC Current: TBD Amps
- Round Trip Efficiency: 92.5% (beginning of life)
- ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Operating Temperature Range: -20C (-4F) to +50C (+122F)
- Humidity: <95% condensing
- Maximum Altitude: 9,843 ft (3,000 m)
- Enclosure: Rated for indoor and outdoor installation
- Ingress Rating: IP35 & NEMA 3R (Powerwall), IP67 (battery Pod only)
- Impact Rating: IK09
- Storage Conditions:
- 24 hours: -30 °C to 60 °C (-22 °F to 140 °F)
- 1 Month: -20 °C to 45 °C (-4 °F to 113 °F)
- 12 Months: -20 °C to 30 °C (-4 °F to 86 °F), State of Energy (SoE): 50% initial
- MECHANICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Dimensions L x W x D: 44" x 29" x 5.5" (1150mm x 755mm x 155mm)
- Weight: 264.4 lbs (110 kg)
- MINIMUM SPACE REQUIREMENTS
- Floor or wall mounted, Indoor or outdoor
- Total ceiling height: TBD ft ( mm)
- Height - Clearance above: TBD ft ( mm)
- Height - Clearance below: TBD ft ( mm)
- Lateral - Wall space: TBD in ( mm)
- Lateral - Clearance from each side: TBD in ( mm)
- Depth of workspace: TBD in ( mm)
- WARRANTY AND OTHER SPECIFICATIONS
- Warranty: 10 years
- Inverter: DC-AC inverter included.
- Certification: TBD, UL and IEC, Grid code compliant
- Tesla reserves the right to make product modifications at any time
- FreeCleanSolar is not responsible for ERRORS OR OMISSIONS
- Proper disposal of batteries is required. Refer to your local codes for disposal requirements.
- NOTE: The Tesla Installation Manual states that Powerwall must be installed by a Tesla Energy Certified Installer. Contact Tesla for details.
Tesla Energy Powerwall Battery System Diagram
The combination of solar panels and the Tesla Energy Powerwall battery delivers grid-tied savings and battery backup in a simple to manage system. The Tesla Installation Manual states that Powerwall must be installed by a Tesla Energy Certified Installer. Contact Tesla for details. The Tesla Energy Powerwall system consists of the following components.
- Solar Panels - The solar panels generate renewable energy to power the home, charge the battery, or send excess power back to the utility grid.
- Hybrid Inverter - The hybrid on-grid and off-grid inverter manages battery and system energy, in addition to its traditional function as a DC solar power inverter. The StorEdge and Fronius Symo hybrid inverters are certified compatible with Tesla Powerwall.
- Meter for battery integration and for production and consumption readings for Feed-in Limitation.
- Auto Transformer Regulates DC and AC voltage and current.
- 13.5 kWh Tesla Powerwall is for daily use to maximize self-consumption and emergency backup using high-efficiency DC coupled Li-On battery.